SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the Production Lead participates in and oversees the packaging operations of various products in their business unit.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent education and 1-2 years of being in a lead role. Previous experience working a chemical facility preferred.
- Knowledge of GMPs.
- Ability to read, and comprehend verbal and written instruction, correspondences and memos. Must be able to effectively communicate to other employees and customers of the organization. Experience working in a multi-lingual environment (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and non-concrete variables.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Leadership, communication, relationship and people management skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reliable, organized and attentive to detail (primarily responsible for product change)
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- May be required to pass a forklift driving certification course.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Set up and run various products according to batch ticket directions. Makes sure correct lot codes and packaging components are being used and are correct according to the batch ticket.
- Weigh products accurately within the guidelines of company policy.
- Record production records accurately and completely.
- Makes sure quality product is being ran at all times.
- Leads and directs a team of Production Technicians on their assigned line during the day.
- Assist with planning and scheduling contract labor on a daily basis.
- Assist in the performance of routine maintenance and lubrication as assigned.
- Perform necessary changeovers of the production lines. Including setting the rails, fillers, lot codes, case packers and tapers, and all conveyors.
- Ensure housekeeping is upheld.
- Report all injuries or damage to the Production Supervisor.
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position shall also fill in for the duties and responsibilities of alternate QC Technician in the event the employee holding that position is absent or otherwise unavailable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crawl; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to focus. Must be able to distinguish between colors. The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environment contains dusts and /or fumes.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Please send your resume and brief message to HR at PAK