SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Technician maintains facility heating, cooling, electrical, manufacturing equipment and mechanical systems; as well as structures and grounds.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E. D., 5-10 years of experience in operations in a manufacturing environment. Experience including heating, AC, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, construction and other trade functions and services.
- Documented knowledge and experience in the trade functions and services.
- Ability to Weld (Mig, Tig and Stick)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete and non-concrete variables.
- Ability to comprehend verbal communication, read and comprehend written communications, reports, schematics, and blueprints. Ability to give verbal and written communications to management, co-workers, customers and vendors. Experience working and communicating in a multi-lingual environment (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to operate within a team atmosphere.
- Strong basic mathematics skills and the ability to perform complex algebraic and other computations.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift (Company will train and certify), HVAC and electrical preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Diagnose, troubleshooting and assessing equipment breakdowns to determine extent of necessary repairs.
- Repair of buildings and alterations while assuring the continuous maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform construction and repair projects.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all production machinery.
- Repair to production machinery in order to keep lines continuously operational.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all employees, departments, vendors and customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crawl; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to focus. Must be able to distinguish between colors. The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a hoist.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Noise level is usually quiet to moderately loud. Occasionally loud. Employee may be exposed to airborne particles and fumes. Employee may have to access confined spaces.
Please send your resume and brief message to HR at PAK