Under the direction of the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Assurance Senior Lead is responsible for assisting in the execution of quality processes and procedures in support of the Company’s Quality Assurance program by ensuring compliance, testing of products and reviewing documentation as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform day-to-day quality control tests and inspections on manufactured products and document the results. Tests include the following: PH, Density, Chit Tick, Solubility, Moisture Analysis and Manual Titration.
- Conduct raw material sampling.
- Conduct environmental sampling (air plates and water).
- Maintain production records and submit for records retention
- Analyze quality control results for trends and potential production issues.
- Assist with training.
- Ensure food safety rule compliance.
- This position is guided by and based upon SQF code. The employee acknowledges it is their responsibility to familiarize themselves with the code and participate in all appropriate and available training relative to the code. Further, the employee acknowledges and agrees to perform all duties and responsibilities within the guidelines of the SQF Code.
- In the event this employee is absent or unavailable to perform these duties and responsibilities, they shall be fulfilled by the Quality Supervisor – Foods.
- This position shall also fill in for the duties and responsibilities of alternate QC Technician in the event the employee holding that position is absent or otherwise unavailable.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties as assigned. Some weekend and off-shift work required.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of employees; management, some outside vendors.
- Knowledge: Quality Management Systems – NCM’s, CAPA’s, Internal Audits, Process Deviations, GMP, HACCP, FDA Title 21 CFR, and SQF.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 5 year experience working in a foods quality environment preferred.
- Certification: PCQI Certification (Company can provide training)
- Leadership skills: Ability to lead others.
- Computer Skills: Comfortable using MS Suite, Company will train on other applications.
- Language Skills: Ability to write reports and business documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and managers. Experience working and communicating in a multi-lingual environment (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math functions, basic algebraic computations, compute ratio, percentages. Familiarity with weights and measures. Basic knowledge of statistics is required. Knowledge of statistical software is a preferred.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and troubleshooting problems on the production floor.
- Other Skills and Abilities: The ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must regularly sit, and is frequently required to stand and walk. Employee must frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to talk and hear. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to distinguish colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually quiet. Occasionally, employee is exposed to airborne particles and fumes. Some exposure to laboratory chemicals.
Please send your resume and brief message to HR at PAK